Thursday 3 May 2012

Beyonce Journalism award 2012



Queen Beyonce is back in top shape and is ready to conquer,  less than 4 months after giving birth the singer is being awarded with a Journalism award, for her article which appeared in Essence magazine, entitled EAT PLAY LOVE, the article was later turned into a movie starring the talented Julia Roberts (I loved the film). Bey will be awarded on May 15 2012. 
Beyonce writing about "savoring” the "tiny moments," she talks about her break from the industry in 2010, where she took time out to tour with husband Jay-Z, she talks about uncovering her love of artichokes, yacht hopping, and Harajuku doll makeover night where she partied in Tokyo nightclubs undetected.
Bey - "I’m grateful for the time I gave myself to breathe,"
Taken from the article - 
“I had talked about taking a vacation before, but always ended up in the studio after two weeks, so no one believed me. This time, though, I was serious. I was going to give myself a year to do the things I never get to do. Simple things like play with my nephew, pick him up from school, visit museums, go to concerts, see some Broadway shows, learn to cook a meal and spend time with my husband…Yes, I needed some relaxation, but I wanted inspiration too, from regular, everyday things. They did not have to be over-the-top productions. I was looking for tiny moments that would speak to my heart and make me smile…”  - Beyoncé, ESSENCE/July 2011
"She’s a real writer. We had to edit her, but everyone gets edited except Toni Morrison," the New York Daily News quoted Essence entertainment director Cori Murray as telling The News.
(Magazine Cover)
Congratulations Bey.

No comments:

Post a Comment